Saturday, May 14, 2011

5 centimeters per second

Link"5 Centimeters per second" directed and written by Makoto Shinkai is one of my most favorite animated movies. Great art and animation, superb direction and touching story. I got to know about this movie through the song that is used as the ending theme of the movie. The lyrics of "One more time, One more chance" are really realistic yet romantic and accompanied by the animation and the story of the movie they really hit the right spot. For some reason after a few years of not watching the movie or listening to the song, I found myself humming the song today. Many call this song depressing but for me it's calming above anything else and that's because of the last few seconds of the movie. I really like the smile on the main character's face there!

If you haven't watched the movie this video will spoil the ending for you:

No comments: