Monday, January 19, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire: 9/10

I watched "Golden Globe Awards" on TV and I say it here that it wasn't quite as I expected. I watched as they gave the awards to most people I wouldn't think would win. Well, tough luck I guess!

There were nominees I already knew would win. Everybody knows that a holocaust related movie will always be the winner in one or more categories and so was the movie "The Reader ". But to imagine that a movie like "Curious Case of Benjamin Button" did not win any awards while being nominated in 5 categories, was quite depressing. "Slumdog Millionaire" won the "Best movie", "Best Director" , "Best Screenplay" and "Best Original Score". I hadn't watched this movie yet and was so surprised to see my favorite people sitting on their seats applauding "Slumdog Millionaire" cast and crew all the time.
I watched "Slumdog Millionaire" with great expectations and I should say that it did not disappoint. This movie has an interesting plot and the score is really amazingly composed. The directing is also good but I still think that "Fincher" did a better job with "Curious Case of Benjamin Button". At any rate I enjoyed watching this movie and hope that you get the chance to watch it as well.

P.S: I'm listening to the score of the movie now. It's really amazing.

2 comments:

Maryam said...

I haven't watched any of the movies yet, but I hope I will have the chance to watch them as soon as possible.
I expected Fincher's movie to win awards too. However it's very nice to hear that "Slumdog Millionaire" which won four Golden Globes isn't disappointing.

علی فتح‌اللهی said...

nice post to remember